Emergency Contraception Related Articles
What is Crisis Contraception?
- Crisis contraception (birth prevention after sexual activity) could be the utilization of a medication or unit to stop maternity after unprotected intercourse.
- Crisis contraception can be utilized each time a condom breaks, if your diaphragm or cervical cap slips away from destination during sexual intercourse, after a intimate attack, or any moment unprotected sexual intercourse does occur.
- Emergency contraceptive pills are sometimes called the “morning-after tablet,” but they normally are effective if taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
- Crisis contraceptives obtainable in the usa consist of emergency contraceptive pills, that incorporate exactly the same hormones present in birth prevention pills, plus the Copper T380 intrauterine device (IUD).
- The Preven kit, the program B kit and Ella are pills marketed as crisis contraceptive pills.
- Emergency contraceptive measures could be taken inside the first 72 hours after unprotected sexual activity to lessen the chance of maternity.
- A female is most probably in order to become expecting if sexual activity happens within the day or two before or after ovulation (launch of an egg through the ovary).
- Emergency contraceptives shouldn’t be utilized as being a contraceptive method in ladies who are intimately active or about to become intimately active. They’re not as potent as any ongoing contraceptive method.
Emergency Contraceptive Pills
The high dose of hormones is brief. instances of deep vein thrombosis (bloodstream clotting) have already been reported in females utilising the crisis technique. These pills aren’t built to terminate a current pregnancy and may never be confused with Mifeprex, also called RU-486, that will be utilized to end (abort) a current maternity. 继续阅读